CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 2, 2010

As I was changing the sheets on the girls' beds upstairs today, I could hear Kate and Faith playing happily downstairs. I smiled to myself, grateful that they play together so well. Or so I thought. When I came down, Kate asked if Faith was up there with me. Huh.
So Kate had been happily playing alone. Suspicious. We both knew where to look for Faith. Kate beat me to my bathroom, and returned holding a bottle of fake-tan lotion.

"Mommy, Faith was putting this all over her forehead." Kate has inherited my tattling skills.

I went into the bathroom, and sure enough, there was my little bronzed beauty looking freshly oiled. Not only had she applied the lotion liberally to her forehead, but she also had it on her cheeks, in her hair, and on the carpet. I suppressed an urge to giggle, and asked in my best mom voice, "Faith! Why would you do this??" (yes, I keep asking this stupid, stupid question)

"I sorry, Mommy" said Faith in her best pitiful voice. I debated whether I should go find the camera, and decided it would be best to get the stuff off of her before it got too dark. I think I did a pretty decent job on her face, but a not-so-decent job on her hair. I forgot her eyebrows completely. It's been a few hours, and it looks like I will finally get the red head I've always wanted :)

7 comments:

Chad and Becca said...

This made me laugh so hard that I had to read it to Chad! So funny!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Hahahaha! That is hilarious. What is it about kids and putting lotion in their hair? My kids do it all the time too. Thanks for the laugh.

Clandestine Road said...

Is it bad that I'm laughing my head off?

middledavis said...

Ah, Suzy, it reminds me of the time the twins got into a jar of honey and smeared it all over the dining room. I think I'll copy your post and put it in my journal. When Faith get's older, I'll read it to her, and she'll laugh at her two-year-old antics.

Crissie said...

Oh my gosh suzy! You made me day.

The Merricks said...

I want pictures of this...

Stephen & Kendra said...

Suzy! It's Kendra! How the heck are you? Man I read through your whole blog and laughed like 100x. You are hilarious! I miss you. We should get together. I still live in Kuna and we have 2 kids, one boy and one girl. Katelyn and Preston. Anywho, we should get together.