CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Tagging Victim

Emily tagged me. Which means I'm supposed to tell 6 interesting things about myself on my blog. I considered pretending I didn't see the comment she made informing of me of the tag, because I can never think of anything interesting. But here we go anyway:

1. I am Co-President of the Karen Carpenter Awareness Club (K.C.A.C.). This organization was founded in 1997 by die-hard Karen fans. Our members can be found all over the world, and our numbers are approaching the double digits. We even have a
website. Contact me if you are interested in joining.

2. When I was little I spent most of my free time playing in the abundant dirt behind our house. My friend, Rachel, and I would pretend we were orphans (with British accents) seeking shelter from a twister. My name was always Kaley and Rachel's was
Saline. On days that we found shelter in time, we would open up an emergency veterinary clinic to treat the various animals ravaged by the tornado. I think we finally stopped playing this when we turned 17.

3. I've been told I do a pretty good impression of Elmo.

4. I like to hand quilt. Well, obviously I don't like it enough, or I would have finished my quilt by now. It's been a work in progress since 2000, when hand quilting went through our apartment building like wildfire and we spent far too many hours quilting and watching Pride and Prejudice (the long version). I originally wanted it to be a queen size quilt, but have now decided that I want to do matching twin bed spreads for my girls.

5. Senator Larry Craig took me out to lunch once. One of his people asked me "what is
the one question you've always wanted to ask Senator Craig?" Being a stupid 17-year-old, I said, "Boxers or briefs?" Yup, one of those moments you really wish you could do over. But now after all the bathroom scandal it seems especially weird.




6. I have a prosthetic torso. I was in an off-road unicycle race back in '96. A young
man and I rounded a corner at the same time. He was on the inside and slipped on some sand right into me. We both collapsed in a tangle, and it ended up that my torso was caught in his spokes. I was rushed to the hospital, and unfortunately, I had to have my torso amputated. My first prostheses was Native American, because it was closest to my skin tone, but I later received a Scottish one from my parents as a birthday gift. I especially liked the new one because it could lengthen or shorten as the circumstance required.

10 comments:

Hokie Family said...

Suzy-You are the funniest person I know. Getting any sleep lately?

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad you played the game. Number 6 is my favorite :)

middledavis said...

Ah, Suzy, nobody can play tag like you can. I laughed so hard.
Frances

Val said...

Long live KCAC! I must hotlink it on my blog.

becca said...

SUZY!!! i tracked you down through Mariel's blog... you know i never finished that quilt either. and i don't even know where it is now :( come check our blog out too! the-jbs.blogspot.com
Becca

Abby Stimpson said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED
A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Scott and Jamie said...

It was interesting reading some things about you I never knew... especially that prosthetic torso, sorry about that!

Kelsey said...

Wow. Do you still have that dress? I may need to borrow it.

Caity said...

I am seriously amazed and sad that I never knew off-roading unicycling existed! You are amazing my friend. Amazing.

Pruett said...

Suzie, you crack me up! You are hillarious! I think you are wonderful.
Heather