CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nail technician prodigy

I was feeding Faith and noticed that Kate was no where in sight, and an eerie silence had fallen upon the household. Worry quickly turned to dread as Kate emerged from my room looking far too pleased with herself. "Mommy! I paint my nails!" I looked in horror at her hands, imagining the mess she must have made, but admitted grungingly to myself that she did a pretty darn good job. I asked her to show me where she had done the painting, and she led me into my bathroom. Everything was put away neat and tidy (well, as neat and tidy as my bathroom gets). I opened the cupboard where I keep the polish, and there it all was in its proper place. I asked Kate to show me which one she used, and she pulled it out. The only thing different about this particular nail polish is that the top was loose. There was no mess. Anywhere. I searched all over my carpeted bathroom, and I couldn't find a speck of nail polish. Impressive, eh?
I'm not sure why we got Kate a basketball hoop for Christmas. Her future is clear, (or "Colorado Crimson," as the case may be).




5 comments:

Adam & Jetta said...

That's amazing! I don't think I have even accomplished the feat of not making a mess while painting my nails! Way to go Kate

Abby Stimpson said...

Thats awesome I can't even do that good of a job. How much are you asking??? So how are you my fun fabulous long lost friend?

The Merricks said...

Kate is hilarious! We are going to have to make her a spice girl soon with fashion sense like that!

Derek and Charyl said...

Well Hello Garrett Family!!! i did not know that the entire ward had blogs. We miss all of you so much, i am glad i can still see what is going on over there in boise. Our blog is iftheshoefitswearit.blogspot.com

your girls are cute, hope all is well!!!
the schoumans

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I got the "Face-Painting Kit" for 7th or 8th birthday and face-painted myself. Only I wasn't 2.25 years old, so I guess that's more impressive. I did do my first drawing at age 2 however, so I guess I would like her to be into art too, of course. I know she will be brilliant, whatever she does. love, M#2