CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 5, 2009

The Birds and the Bees and other funnies...

3 whole funny things happened in the same day yesterday, and that's worthy of documentation.

1. Kate had her end-of-preschool swim party. The one little boy in her class, Tayson, had some trouble getting his swimsuit up a couple of times. Toddlers love to be naked, so I didn't care or think much of it. But during the drive home it became apparent that Kate had thought much of it. After driving for a few minutes, I hear,

"Hey Mommy, Tayson has a silly bum where his pee pee comes out! Why does he have that?"

Me: "Because he's a boy."

Kate: "How come boys have those and girls don't?"

Me: "God made boys and girls different so that they can make families together. If there were only girls, there would be no babies. Only a mommy and daddy together can have a baby."

At this point she fell silent, and after such expert explaining, I assumed we wouldn't have a conversation like this again for at least 15 years. Then she asked,

"Why do bums have to have families?"

??? So much for my expert explanation.

2. Mike so kindly came home from work early yesterday so I could get to class on time. Kate had an ouchie on her leg, so I put some ointment on it and she was running around in a shirt and panties. She was in this state when Mike came home, and I rushed out the door. Well, as it happened, Mike's friend became a US citizen yesterday and there was a party in his honor. Mike went and took the kids. When I got home from class, I found out he never put pants on Kate. When I asked why not, he said he thought the shirt was just a really short dress or something :)

3. Yesterday was my first day teaching a summer Spanish class. It is a very small class, and I forced them all to sit in the front row. About halfway through, we took a break. I went to the bathroom and discovered that my fly was WIDE open. No wonder they were so reluctant to sit in the front row.

8 comments:

K said...

Suzie, Thank you for posting again, you crack me up!

Kristen D. said...

So wonderful. I giggled like a school girl over the first story. Man I love your stories.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Sorry my child began the story of the birds and the bees for your family. I don't know why, but he really struggles to keep his pants on...even at home. What can you do? We have really been working on wearing pants...usually it is just the undies. Thursday he just happened not to have undies under his swimming suit. Maybe we need to start having something one underneath...LOL!

Clandestine Road said...

What a great post, Suzy! Thanks for the laugh. Other than the peep show, how did the class go? I bet you were fantastic. :)

Angie

Christopher said...

"Tayson has a silly bum where his pee pee comes out" is probably the funniest thing i have heard ever.

middledavis said...

Suzy Suzy Suzy. I ditto Christopher's comment and only add one thing: You really MUST start posting on a more regular basis. I SO miss reading your blog when you go for long stretches without posting.You have such a talent for this. Did I say I was only going to add one more thing? For me that's impossible, so I don't even know why I said it.
I laughed at Mike's mistake, too, and smiled at the 3rd "funny" story even though it couldn't have been funny to you at the time.

wendy_d23 said...

Very funny.
And I am so jealous you are teaching spanish (vestida o no)!!!

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

I just love your posts Suzy! You are so dang funny! It's so fun to see how your family is growing and changing!