CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Western Idaho Fair

The Western Idaho Fair is a glorious time of year. It has been the highlight of my summer for as long as I can remember (don't forget, I'm from Idaho). I was blessed to work concessions at the fair every summer during high school. Ahh, I can still smell Jones' famous "Pound O' Fries" and "Bucket O' Onions." The smell of grease, smoke, and mullets will always fill me with nostalgia. (Do mullets have a smell? Oh yes, they do.)
I have been grooming Mike for 4+ years to be ready for his first trip to the Western Idaho Fair, and it all paid off August of '07.
Mike didn't get to ride the Zipper, but as you can see, the Merry-Go-Round really rocked his world.
Before Kate came along, I had never experienced the Live Stock aspect of the Fair. What was once only an annoying odor that interfered with the delicious smell of grease suddenly became very real, and our sole purpose for visiting the fair. (That is, until Kate is old enough to ride the Zipper)

You have most likely heard that Idahoan goats are exceptionally aggressive. By the time we were done feeding them, most of the paper cup was gone. Also, I won't need to trim Kate's fingernails for at least a month.

I had to include this picture because, let's face it, I look good.

7 comments:

Val said...

Hey hot stuff, glad you're back to blogging! You do look dang hot in that picture! I also remember the nostalgic summers and the WIF. My favorite memories also include working at the Jones food booth for countless hours and little pay, then coming home smelling of fried onions and subsequently barfing. Those were the good times!

Caity said...

I'm so glad you decided to rejoin the blogosphere! You're just so funny. I love reading your posts.

Scott and Jamie said...

You are hot stuff! I'm glad you put a picture of your baby bump. I love being entertained by your comments!

middledavis said...

Ahhh, Suz, nobody can come up with just the right commentary for blog pictures like you can. I chuckled all the way through this post. The fact that you were able to get Mike on a Merry-go-Round speaks volumes for your powers of persuasion...or was Kate the persuasive one?

The Merricks said...

Oh how I miss the mullets parade by at the Western Idaho Fair almost makes me want to move back.... oh wait. Kate is getting so big and she is just so adorable I am looking forward to seeing Halloween pictures at this rate some time next June perhaps.

Emily said...

suzy i don't know if you remember me, i was val's roommie at byu...i just have to say you are hilarious and SO CUTE.

Hokie Family said...

Hey Suzy-
Glad your back!