CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 24, 2009

In Praise of Pioneers and Cilantro Lime Shrimp


Happy Pioneer Day, one and all! I am sure grateful for those hardworking people that came to the West in wagons and carts, gathering buffalo chips and giving birth in tents (what a mess!). I probably would have been exchanged for Teriyaki buffalo jerky at the first trading post for whining too much. So thank you to all that sacrificed so much to build the beautiful land we live in!

Now, these next three words will change how you see the world. Cilantro. Lime. Shrimp. Okay, maybe not those words, but what they represent will knock your socks off. I picked up a container of them at Costco last week because I was curious, and these last several days with the shrimp have been some of the happiest of my life. Each succulent shrimp is an explosion of deliciousness in your mouth. Faith is saying a handful of words now, and 'shrimp' is among them. If you have felt something missing in your life lately, don't look any further.

3 comments:

Chad and Becca said...

mmm sounds yummy! I am intrigued!

middledavis said...

Okay. I don't have time to comment because I'm on my way to Costco.

Clandestine Road said...

I am a believer! I just had the awesomeness that is that shrimp and now my life is divided into two sections: before and after this food. :)